I don’t pick subjects because I know about them. I pick subjects because I want to know about them…Everything comes with a blizzard of new things you learn.
It’s often said that the digital revolution that puts a TV camera in everyone’s hands makes everyone a filmmaker. It’s [nonsense]. What makes someone a filmmaker is somebody who knows how to tell a story and telling a story.
Everybody screws up, including me…It’s a question of process. We’re all going to try something. We can have disagreements that can be passionate, but they’re not loud and vociferous; they’re not personal and angry. There’s a generous spirit of collaboration.
A lot of people are drawn to film for its apparent glamour and don’t realize it’s really hard work.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Julia Child American Cook, Author
- Art Linkletter Canadian-born American Radio Personality
- Bill Cosby American Actor
- Barbra Streisand American Musician
- Bette Midler American Actress, Singer
- Mel Brooks American Film Actor
- James Earl Jones American Actor
- B. B. King American Blues Musician
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Helen Hayes American Actor