A singer cannot delight you with his singing unless he himself delights to sing.
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain, we all have sorrow, but if we are wise we know there is always tomorrow.
All you have shall some day be given; therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors.
If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.
The reality of the other person is not in what he reveals to you, but in what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says but rather what he does not say.
Topics: Reality, Understanding
When you give of your possessions, you give but little; it is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
Topics: Kindness, Giving, Self-Discovery, Helping, Helpfulness, Charity, Service
Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is in leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of your poem.
Topics: Happiness, Gratitude, Blessings, Contentment
To belittle is to be little.
- Henry David Thoreau American Philosopher
- Catherine of Siena Italian Philosopher
- Ralph Waldo Emerson American Philosopher
- Pythagoras Greek Philosopher
- John Cage American Composer
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Lutheran Philosopher
- John Dewey American Philosopher
- Mortimer J. Adler American Philosopher
- Will Durant American Historian
- Norman O. Brown American Philosopher