You never make any of the shots you never take. 87% of the ones you do take, you’ll miss too. I make 110% of my shots.
Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you’re ready to play as tough as you’re able to, you’d better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you’re not giving it all you’ve got. Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It’s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That’s the only way you’re going to get respect from the players.
Topics: Leaders, Leadership
I always know what’s happening on the court. I see a situation occur, and I respond.
When I was young, I never wanted to leave the court until I got things exactly correct. My dream was to become a pro.
I don’t know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody — somewhere — was practicing more than me.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
Topics: God, Win, Winners, Goals, Winning, Talent
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Charles Barkley American Sportsperson
- Reggie Miller American Basketball Player
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar American Basketball Player
- Wilt Chamberlain American Sportsperson
- John Wooden American Sportsperson
- Bob Knight American Sportsperson
- Muhammad Ali American Sportsperson
- Bruce Jenner American Sportsperson
- Carly Patterson American Sportsperson