The reward for doing right is mostly an internal phenomenon: self-respect, dignity, integrity, and self-esteem.
If you’re a liberal, anything you say is protected. If you’re a conservative, anything you say is hateful.
Self-esteem must be earned! When you dare to dream, dare to follow that dream, dare to suffer through the pain, sacrifice, self-doubts, and friction from the world, you will genuinely impress yourself.
Values are principles and ideas that bring meaning to the seemingly mundane experience of life. A meaningful life that ultimately brings happiness and pride requires you to respond to temptations as well as challenges with honor, dignity, and courage.
This is all you have. This is not a dry run. This is your life. If you want to fritter it away with your fears, then you will fritter it away, but you won’t get it back later.
- Glenn Beck American Mormon Children’s Books Writer
- Phyllis McGinley American Children’s Books Writer
- Deborah Norville American Children’s Books Writer
- Ursula K. Le Guin Science-fiction writer
- Marie Chapian American Children’s Books Writer
- Jamie Lee Curtis American Film Actress
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Shel Silverstein American Children’s Books Writer
- Russell Hoban American Children’s Books Writer
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer