Happiness, to me, lies in stretching, to the farthest boundaries
of which we are capable, the resources of the mind and heart.
I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is
to be expected only from the strong.
Courage is capacity to
confront what cannot be imagined.
Anyone who is happy all the time is nuts.
- Isaac Asimov Russian-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Sam Levenson American Humorist
- Mark Twain American Humorist
- Bernard Berenson Russian-born American Art Historian
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- S. J. Perelman American Humorist, Author
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Musician
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Thomas Masson American Journalist, Humorist