If this was adulthood the only improvement she could detect in her situation was that she could now eat dessert without eating her vegetables.
I happen to feel that the degree of a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.
Topics: Intelligence, Attitude
Inspiration never arrived when you were searching for it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Fannie Flagg American Comedian, Novelist
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher American Novelist
- Emily Post American Writer, Socialite
- Annie Dillard American Writer