I happen to feel that the degree of a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.
Topics: Attitude, Intelligence
Inspiration never arrived when you were searching for it.
If this was adulthood the only improvement she could detect in her situation was that she could now eat dessert without eating her vegetables.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Fannie Flagg American Comedian, Novelist
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher American Novelist
- Lydia Davis American Author