Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
Consequently he who wishes to attain to human perfection, must therefore first study Logic, next the various branches of Mathematics in their proper order, then Physics, and lastly Metaphysics.
Inspire me with love for my art and for thy creatures. In the sufferer let me see only the human being.
Do not consider it proof just because it is written in books, for a liar who will deceive with his tongue will not hesitate to do the same with his pen.
God is identical with His attributes, so that it may be said that He is the knowledge, the knower, and the known.
Anticipate charity by preventing poverty; assist the reduced fellow man, either by a considerable gift or a sum of money or by teaching him a trade or by putting him in the way of business so that he may earn an honest livelihood and not be forced to the dreadful alternative of holding out his hand for charity. This is the highest step and summit of charity’s golden ladder.
We are obligated to be more scrupulous in
fulfilling the commandment of charity than any other
positive commandment because charity is the sign of a righteous man.
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Mortimer J. Adler American Philosopher
- William of Ockham English Philosopher
- Bonaventure Italian Christian Scholar
- Abraham Joshua Heschel American Jewish Rabbi
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Abraham Isaac Kook Latvian-born Jewish Rabbi
- Bahya ibn Paquda Jewish Philosopher
- Martin Buber Austrian Jewish Philosopher