If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
Topics: Success & Failure, Achievement
It pays to know the enemy — not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.
Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s when you’ve had everything to do, and you’ve done it.
I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.
Topics: Success, Work, Hard Work
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win.
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Enoch Powell British Politician
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- William Ewart Gladstone British Head of State
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Indira Gandhi Indian Head of State