I seem to smell the stench of appeasement in the air.
Home is where you come to when you have nothing better to do.
Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s when you’ve had everything to do, and you’ve done it.
It pays to know the enemy — not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.
If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.
Topics: Hard Work, Success, Work
If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight.
I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
Topics: Achievement, Success & Failure
If you lead a country like Britain, a strong country, a country which has taken a lead in world affairs in good times and in bad, a country that is always reliable, then you have to have a touch of iron about you.
Topics: Leaders, Leadership
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Enoch Powell British Politician
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Indira Gandhi Indian Head of State