Keeping hatred inside makes you get mean and evil inside. And when you forgive you feel sorry for the one that hurt you; you return love for hate, and good for evil. And that stretches your heart and makes you bigger inside. Now when you hate you shrink up inside and get littler, and you squeeze your heart tight, and you stays so mad with peoples you feel sick all the time like you need the doctor. Folks with a loving heart don’t never need no doctor.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Audre Lorde American Poet, Feminist
- Sylvia Plath American Poet, Novelist
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Richard Wright American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist