Reflecting the values of the larger capitalistic society, there is no prestige whatsoever attached to actually working. Workers are invisible.
Live as if you liked yourself — and it may happen.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Kurt Vonnegut American Novelist
- Josiah Gilbert Holland American Editor, Novelist
- Thomas Bailey Aldrich American Poet
- Robert Penn Warren American Novelist, Poet
- Nelson Algren American Novelist
- Edgar Guest English-born American Poet
- Theodore Roethke American Poet
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- William S. Burroughs American Novelist
- Edgar Allan Poe American Poet