The brain’s calculations do not require our conscious effort, only our attention and our openness to let the information through. Although the brain absorbs universes of information, little is admitted into normal consciousness.
Topics: The Mind
Risk always brings its own rewards: the exhilaration of breaking through, of getting to the other side; the relief of a conflict healed; the clarity when a paradox dissolves.
No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal.
Fear is a question: What are you afraid of, and why?. Just as the seed of health is in illness, because illness contains information, our fears are a treasure house of self-knowledge if we explore them.
- Nathaniel Parker Willis American Poet, Playwright
- Shana Alexander American Journalist
- William Allen White American Editor
- Ambrose Bierce American Editor
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- George Horace Lorimer American Editor
- A. M. Rosenthal Canadian-born American Editor
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Heywood Broun American Journalist
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer