The man who puts $10,000 additional capital into an established business is pretty certain of increased returns; and in the same way, the man who puts additional capital into his brains-information, well directed thought and study of possibilities-will as surely-yes, more surely-get increased returns. There is no capital and no increase in capital safer than that.
I have tried to make all my acts and commercial moves the result of definite consideration and sound judgment. There were never any great ventures or risks. I practiced honest, slow-growing business methods, and tried to back them with energy and good system.
Things to remember: 1) The worth of character; 2) The improvement of talent; 3) The influence of example; 4) The joy of origination; 5) The dignity of simplicity; 6) The success of perseverance.
- James Cash Penney American Entrepreneur
- Sam Walton American Entrepreneur
- Walt Disney American Entrepreneur
- Lady Bird Johnson American Entrepreneur
- Mary Kay Ash American Entrepreneur
- Russell Simmons American Entrepreneur
- Ray Kroc American Entrepreneur
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Martha Stewart American Entrepreneur