Life is made of fear. Some people eat fear soup three times a day. Some people eat fear soup all the meals there are. I eat it sometimes. When they bring me fear soup to eat, I try not to eat it, I try to send it back. But sometimes I’m too afraid to and have to eat it anyway.
Sometimes I feel that life is passing me by, not slowly either, but with ropes of steam and spark-spattered wheels and a hoarse roar of power or terror. It’s passing, yet I’m the one who’s doing all the moving.
More will mean worse.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Margaret Drabble English Novelist
- J. G. Ballard English Novelist
- E. M. Forster English Novelist
- Doris Lessing British Novelist, Poet
- H. G. Wells English Novelist, Historian
- Graham Greene British Novelist
- Brian Aldiss English Novelist
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- P. D. James British Novelist
- Ray Bradbury American Science-Fiction Writer