I do not accept any absolute formulas for living. No preconceived code can see ahead to everything that can happen in a man’s life. As we live, we grow and our beliefs change. They must change. So I think we should live with this constant discovery. We should be open to this adventure in heightened awareness of living. We should stake our whole existence on our willingness to explore and experience.
There are three principles in a man’s being and life, the principle of thought, the principle of speech, and the principle of action. The origin of all conflict between me and my fellow-men is that I do not say what I mean and I don’t do what I say.
He who loves brings God and the World together.
The atheist staring from his attic window is often nearer to God than the believer caught up in his own false image of God.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Wilhelm Reich Austrian Psychologist
- Abraham Joshua Heschel American Jewish Rabbi
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Ludwig Wittgenstein Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Abraham Isaac Kook Latvian-born Jewish Rabbi
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Hannah Arendt German-American Political Theorist