A king is always a king—and a woman always a woman: his authority and her sex ever stand between them and rational converse.
Nothing contributes so much to tranquilizing the mind as a steady purpose-a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.
- Mary Wollstonecraft British Children’s Books Writer
- Charlotte Bronte English Novelist, Poet
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Charles Dickens English Novelist
- Colin Wilson British Philosopher
- J. G. Ballard English Novelist
- Aldous Huxley English Humanist
- Patrick Stewart
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Jane Austen English Novelist