To repent is not to feel remorse, but to face one’s faults, realizing they are faults, and try one’s best not to make the same mistake again. If one does that, one is already making amends.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Shunryu Suzuki Buddhist Monk, Author
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Martine Batchelor French Buddhist Teacher
- Nyogen Senzaki Japanese Buddhist Monk
- Natalie Goldberg American Buddhist Author
- Dennis Genpo Merzel American Buddhist Monk
- James H. Austin American Buddhist Neuroscientist
- Laozi Chinese Philosopher