If the internal griefs of every man could be read, written on his forehead, how many who now excite envy, would appear to be objects of pity?
High birth is an accident, not a virtue.
- W. S. Gilbert English Dramatist
- Giacomo Leopardi Italian Poet
- Antonio Porchia Italian Poet
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Sophia Loren Italian Actor
- Pietro Aretino Italian Author
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- Catherine of Siena Italian Philosopher
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi