Inflation is one form of taxation that can be imposed without legislation.
What kind of society isn’t structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system.
Topics: Capitalism, Greed
The problem in this world is to avoid concentration of power—we must have a dispersion of power.
The economic race should not be arranged so everyone arrives at the finish line at the same time but so that everyone starts at the starting line at the same time.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Paul Samuelson American Economist
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Alan Greenspan American Economist
- William F. Buckley, Jr. American TV Personality
- Barry Goldwater American Elected Representative
- Abbie Hoffman American Political Activist
- Ben Stein American Lawyer