We would be able neither to remember nor to reflect nor to compare nor to think, indeed, we would not even be the person who we were a moment ago, if our concepts were divided among many and were not to be encountered somewhere together in their most exact combination.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Abraham Joshua Heschel American Jewish Rabbi
- Berthold Auerbach German Jewish Poet
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Poet, Literary Critic
- Bahya ibn Paquda Jewish Philosopher
- Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher, Scholar
- Martin Heidegger German Existential Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Statesman, Scholar