It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry.
There are people who exist in this world not like entities but like the speckles or spots on something.
And for a long time yet, led by some wondrous power, I am fated to journey hand in hand with my strange heroes and to survey the surging immensity of life, to survey it through the laughter that all can see and through the tears unseen and unknown by anyone.
The more destruction there is everywhere, the more it shows the activity of town authorities.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mikhail Bulgakov Russian Novelist, Dramatist
- Maxim Gorky Russian Writer
- C. S. Lewis Irish-born Author, Scholar
- Murasaki Shikibu Japanese Diarist, Novelist
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Robertson Davies Canada Journalist
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Italo Calvino Italian Novelist, Writer
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist