To take something from a person and keep it for oneself: that is robbery. To take something from one person and then turn it over to another in exchange for as much money as you can get: that is business. Robbery is so much more stupid, since it is satisfied with a single, frequently dangerous profit; whereas in business it can be doubled without danger.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Albert Camus Algerian-born French Philosopher
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Jean Cocteau French Poet
- Charles Baudelaire French Poet
- Andre Gide French Novelist
- Anatole France French Novelist
- Henri Cartier-Bresson French Photographer
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Denis Diderot French Philosopher, Writer