It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not weakness, that is life.
What identifies an individual as a king is how other people behave towards him. All authority is assumed, and if other people don’t accept your authority then you don’t have it. Perhaps the critical thing to being a convincing figure of authority is actually not to try too hard.
It is what you do from now on that will either move our civilization forward a few tiny steps, or else… begin to march us steadily backward.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Daniel Day-Lewis English Actor
- John Cleese British Comic Actor, Writer
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Roger Moore English Actor
- Harry Lloyd British Actor
- Michael Palin English Actor, Writer, Television Traveler
- Phil Collins British Rock Musician, Singer
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Mick Jagger English Rock Musician
- Salman Rushdie Indian-born British Novelist