Right now a moment is fleeting by! Capture its reality in paint! To do that we must put all else out of our minds. We must become that moment, make ourselves a sensitive recording plate. Give the image of what we actually see, forgetting everything that has been seen before our time.
Topics: Present, Opportunity
Shut your eyes, wait, think of nothing. Now, open them … one sees nothing but a great coloured undulation. What then? An irradiation and glory of colour. This is what a picture should give us … an abyss in which the eye is lost, a secret germination, a coloured state of grace … loose conciousness. Descend with the painter into the dim tangled roots of things, and rise again from them in colours, be steeped in the light of them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Aristotle Onassis Greek Businessperson
- Rene Descartes French Mathematician, Philosopher
- Guillaume Apollinaire Italian-born French Poet
- Blaise Pascal French Philosopher, Scientist
- Michel de Montaigne French Essayist
- Napoleon I Emperor of France
- Charles de Gaulle French General, Statesman
- Marie Curie Polish-born French Physicist