Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government.
A common danger tends to concord. Communism is the exploitation of the strong by the weak. In Communism, inequality comes from placing mediocrity on a level with excellence.
To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right nor the knowledge nor the virtue.
Property is theft.
The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny.
- Albert Camus Algerian-born French Philosopher
- Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin French Lawyer
- Michel Foucault French Philosopher
- Jean-Paul Sartre French Philosopher
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Henry St John, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke English Politician
- Michel de Montaigne French Essayist
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Gaston Bachelard French Philosopher
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin French Jesuit Scientist