Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you.
The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.
Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.
Here is the test to find out whether your mission
on earth is finished. If you are alive, it isn’t.
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they’re yours.
You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don’t turn away from possible futures before you’re certain you don’t have anything to learn from them. You’re always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.
You are not ever given a wish without also being given the power to make it true.
If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we’ve destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don’t you think that we might see each other once or twice?
- Charles Lindbergh American Aviator, Explorer
- Stephen King American Novelist
- Marge Piercy American Poet, Novelist
- Elizabeth Gilbert American Novelist, Memoirist
- Gore Vidal American Novelist
- Ray Bradbury American Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Reynolds Price American Novelist
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Indian-born American Novelist