Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think
To be free, to be happy and to be fruitful, can only be attained through sacrifice of many common but overestimated things.
Cherish your emotions and never undervalue them.
Don’t worry about your originality. You couldn’t get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick with you and show up for better or worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do.
Do whatever you do intensely.
Many receive a criticism and think it is fine; think they got their money’s worth; think well of the teacher for it, and then go on with their work just the same as before. That is the reason much of the wisdom of Plato is still locked up in the pages of Plato.
It takes great wit and interest and energy to be happy. The pursuit of happiness is a great activity. One must be open and alive. It is the greatest feat man has to accomplish.
- Grandma Moses American Painter
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter
- Andy Warhol American Painter
- Claude Monet French Painter
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Ram Dass American Hindu Teacher, Author
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Sivaya Subramuniyaswami American Hindu Teacher
- Amos Bronson Alcott American Teacher
- John Ciardi American Poet, Teacher