Literature is without proofs. By which it must be understood that it cannot prove, not only what it says, but even that it is worth the trouble of saying it.
What the public wants is the image of passion, not passion itself.
- Michel Foucault French Philosopher
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Georges Bataille French Philosopher, Writer
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Denis Diderot French Philosopher
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Hannah Arendt German Political Theorist
- Marcel Proust French Novelist
- Voltaire French Philosopher
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin French Jesuit Philosopher