was that I was a person with dignity and self-respect, and I should not set my sights lower than anybody else just because I was black.
I am leaving this legacy to all of you … to bring peace, justice, equality, love and a fulfillment of what our lives should be. Without vision, the people will perish, and without courage and inspiration, dreams will die– the dream of freedom and peace.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. American Civil Rights Leader
- Whitney Young American Civil Rights Leader
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Susan B. Anthony American Civil Rights Leader
- Carrie Chapman Catt American Civil Rights Leader
- W. E. B. Du Bois American Civil Rights Activist
- Marian Wright Edelman American Civil Regrets Advocate
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Malcolm X American Civil Rights Leader