All great victories, be they in politics, business, art, or seduction, involved resolving vexing problems with a potent cocktail of creativity, focus, and daring. When you have a goal, obstacles are actually teaching you how to get where you want to go—carving you a path. “The Things which hurt,” Benjamin Franklin wrote, “instruct.”
Life is defined by how much you do, how often you took the difficult road and were rewarded for it.
We forget: In life, it doesn’t matter what happens to you or where you came from. It matters what you do with what happens and what you’ve been given.
It’s okay to be discouraged. It’s not okay to quit. To know you want to quit but to plant your feet and keep inching closer until you take the impenetrable fortress you’ve decided to lay siege to in your own life—that’s persistence.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Robert Ringer American Entrepreneur
- Al Gore American Politician, Environmentalist
- Bruce Feirstein American Screenwriter, Humorist
- Alvin Toffler American Writer, Futurist
- Larry McMurtry American Novelist
- Robert Reich American Economist, Political Commentator
- Jim Rohn American Entrepreneur
- Zig Ziglar American Author
- Seth Godin American Entrepreneur