We must live for the few who know and appreciate us, who judge and absolve us, and for whom we have the same affection and indulgence. The rest I look upon as a mere crowd, lively or sad, loyal or corrupt, from whom there is nothing to be expected but fleeting emotions, either pleasant or unpleasant, which leave no trace behind them.
Life begets life. Energy becomes energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.
- James Dewar
- Aristotle Onassis Greek Businessperson
- Jacques Cousteau French Military Leader
- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael French Woman of Letters
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Moliere French Playwright
- Gerard de Nerval
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Colombian Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Paul Frank Baer
- Duke Ellington