Evolution is fascinating to watch. To me it is the most interesting when one can observe the evolution of a single man.
A plane is a bad place for an all-out sleep, but a good place to begin rest and recovery from the trip to the faraway places you’ve been, a decompression chamber between Here and There. Though a plane is not the ideal place really to think, to reassess or reevaluate things, it is a great place to have the illusion of doing so, and often the illusion will suffice.
As it is our nature to be more moved by hope than fear, the example of one we see abundantly rewarded cheers and encourages us far more than the sight of many who have not been well treated disquiets us.
Faithful horoscope-watching, practiced daily, provides just the sort of small but warm and infinitely reassuring fillip that gets matters off to a spirited start.
- Heywood Broun American Journalist, Editor
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist, Editor
- Arthur Brisbane American Journalist, Editor
- Ambrose Bierce American Editor
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady, Editor
- George Horace Lorimer American Editor
- George Jean Nathan American Drama Critic, Editor
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- A. M. Rosenthal Canadian-born American Editor
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer, Editor