Faithful horoscope-watching, practiced daily, provides just the sort of small but warm and infinitely reassuring fillip that gets matters off to a spirited start.
A plane is a bad place for an all-out sleep, but a good place to begin rest and recovery from the trip to the faraway places you’ve been, a decompression chamber between Here and There. Though a plane is not the ideal place really to think, to reassess or reevaluate things, it is a great place to have the illusion of doing so, and often the illusion will suffice.
Evolution is fascinating to watch. To me it is the most interesting when one can observe the evolution of a single man.
- Heywood Broun American Journalist
- Arthur Brisbane American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Ambrose Bierce American Editor
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- George Jean Nathan American Drama Critic
- George Horace Lorimer American Editor
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer
- A. M. Rosenthal Canadian-born American Editor