He who has seen one cathedral ten times has seen something; he who has seen ten cathedrals once has seen but little; and he who has spent half an hour in each of a hundred cathedrals has seen nothing at all.
A man takes a drink, the drink takes another, and the drink takes the man.
The trouble with this country is that there are too many people going about saying, “The trouble with this country is…”
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Ben Hecht American Screenwriter
- John Steinbeck American Novelist
- William McFee English Writer
- Theodore Dreiser American Novelist, Journalist
- Raymond Chandler American-British Novelist
- John Irving American Novelist
- Rupert Hughes American Historian
- Ernest Hemingway American Author
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist