If you want to know how much you have progressed in your spiritual life, just look back and reflect on the changes.
Everything is permanent, until it changes.
A spiritual man always has to have the upper hand on the lower nature.
There are only two things you can really depend on: one is the changeableness of life, and the other is the unchanging Self within you.
Listen for silence in noisy places; feel at peace in the midst of disturbance; awaken joy when there is no reason.
When you react to a situation, do not re-enact it. Wait until the emotional nature has completely composed itself, then study your reaction.
- Ram Dass American Hindu Teacher
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Teacher
- B. K. S. Iyengar Indian Hindu Yoga Teacher
- Yogaswami of Jaffna Sri Lankan Hindu Religious Leader
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Robert Henri American Painter
- John Ciardi American Poet
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Christa McAuliffe American Teacher