There is a Japanese proverb that literally goes ‘Raise the sail with your stronger hand,’ meaning you must go after the opportunities that arise in life that you are best equipped to do.
We only have one future, and it will be made of our dreams, if we have the courage to challenge convention.
Many people dream of success. To me success can only be achieved through repeated failures and introspections. In fact, success represents 1% of your work that results from the 99% that is called failure.
Topics: Success, Reflection
If you hire only those people you understand, the company will never get people better than you are. Always remember that you often find outstanding people among those you don’t particularly like.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Thomas Edison American Inventor
- Charles F. Kettering American Inventor
- Miyamoto Musashi Japanese Samurai Warrior, Artist
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Friedrich Koenig German Inventor