Ignorance is an enemy, even to its owner. Knowledge is a friend, even to its hater. Ignorance hates knowledge because it is too pure. Knowledge fears ignorance because it is too sure.
When we meditate, what we actually do is enter into the deeper part of our being. At that time, we are able to bring to the fore the wealth that we have deep within us.
Meditation is acceptance. It is the acceptance of life within us, without us and all around us. Acceptance of life is the beginning of human satisfaction. Transformation of life is the culmination of divine satisfaction.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sri Aurobindo Indian Mystic, Philosopher, Poet
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Indian Hindu Religious Leader
- Arundhati Roy Indian Novelist, Activist
- Jiddu Krishnamurti Indian Philosopher
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Spiritual Teacher
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Mirra Alfassa French-Born Indian Spiritual Guru
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- Anthony de Mello Indian-born American Theologian
- Sivananda Saraswati Hindu Yogi, Spiritual Teacher