A film is — or should be — more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what’s behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later.
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it.
The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small nations like prostitutes.
The greatest nations have all acted like gangsters and the smallest like prostitutes.
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Cecil B. DeMille American Film Producer
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor, Film Director
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Film Director
- Casey Robinson American Film Producer
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director