A child born to a Black mother in a state like Mississippi has exactly the same rights as a white baby born to the wealthiest person in the United States. It’s not true, but I challenge anyone to say it is not a goal worth working for.
Topics: Racism, Race
Lawlessness is lawlessness. Anarchy is anarchy is anarchy. Neither race nor color nor frustration is an excuse for either lawlessness or anarchy.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Military Leader
- Richard Wright American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. American Jurist, Author
- Hugo Black American Politician
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- John Kenneth Galbraith American Economist
- Richard Evelyn Byrd American Aviator
- George Marshall American Military Leader