My main focus is on my game.
Look, there are no shortcuts in golf, and there are no shortcuts in life. You have to work for it. Dream big and keep your dreams for yourself. Because the dreams that you have are those things that separate you from others. If you give up your dream, you give up hope. And without hope, you are nothing.
One of the things that my parents have taught me is never listen to other people’s expectations. You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.
I always feel pressure. If you don’t feel nervous, that means you don’t care about how you play. I care about how I perform. I’ve always said the day I’m not nervous playing is the day I quit.
The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today. And that’s how I look at my life. I will be a better golfer, I will be a better person, I will be a better father, I will be a better husband, I will be a better friend. That’s the beauty of tomorrow.
I think it’s an honor to be a role model to one person or maybe more than that. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.
Topics: Role models
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jack Nicklaus American Sportsperson
- Arnold Palmer American Sportsperson
- Bruce Lee American Martial Artist
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Muhammad Ali American Sportsperson
- Martina Navratilova Czech-born American Sportsperson
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Reggie Miller American Basketball Player
- Jimmy Connors American Sportsperson
- Sam Ewing American Sportsperson