Look, there are no shortcuts in golf, and there are no shortcuts in life. You have to work for it. Dream big and keep your dreams for yourself. Because the dreams that you have are those things that separate you from others. If you give up your dream, you give up hope. And without hope, you are nothing.
I always feel pressure. If you don’t feel nervous, that means you don’t care about how you play. I care about how I perform. I’ve always said the day I’m not nervous playing is the day I quit.
I think it’s an honor to be a role model to one person or maybe more than that. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.
Topics: Role models
The thing is, you see all the money that’s available out there. I see where am I going to play. I have no place to play yet. I’m not exempt. I have no security. So if I don’t turn pro and I don’t make it out here, where am I going to go? Nike? Hooters? Asia? Anywhere but here, I guess
My main focus is on my game.
The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today. And that’s how I look at my life. I will be a better golfer, I will be a better person, I will be a better father, I will be a better husband, I will be a better friend. That’s the beauty of tomorrow.
- Jack Nicklaus American Sportsperson
- Arnold Palmer American Sportsperson
- Bruce Lee Hong-Kong-born American Sportsperson
- Muhammad Ali American Sportsperson
- Larry Bird American Sportsperson
- Jimmy Connors American Sportsperson
- Charles Barkley American Sportsperson
- Lyn St. James American Sportsperson
- Mike Ditka American Sportsperson
- Billie Jean King American Sportsperson