It is sinful to even see the face of a man who does not feel his friend’s pain. Treat your own mountain-like pain as though it were a speck. Treat your friend’s speck-like pain as though it were a mountain.
No virtue is equal to the good of others and no vice greater than hurting others.
The elephant passing through the market-place is always beset by curs, but he cares not. He goes straight on his own way. So it is always, when a great soul appears there will be numbers to bark after him.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Rabindranath Tagore Bengali Poet, Polymath
- Kalidasa Indian Sanskrit Poet, Dramatist
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Kabir Indian Mystic
- Basava Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Virgil Roman Poet
- Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso) Roman Poet
- John Milton English Poet
- Homer Ancient Greek Poet
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher