Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens people feel centered and that gives their work meaning.
Great things are accomplished by talented people
who believe they will accomplish them.
Intensity coupled with commitment is magnetic.
Managers have their eyes on the bottom line; leaders have their eyes on the horizon.
Leaders keep their eyes on the horizon, not just on the bottom line.
- Robert Thurman American Buddhist Scholar
- Randolph Bourne American Writer, Scholar
- Dero A. Saunders American Journalist, Scholar
- Richard Livingstone British Scholar, Educator
- John Kotter American Academic
- Adam Clarke British Methodist Scholar
- Bonaventure Italian Christian Scholar
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Louis Leo Snyder American-born German Scholar
- Shantideva Indian Buddhist Scholar