Candor is always a double-edged sword; it may heal or it may separate.
People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding — a thing which is rather surmised and never spoken than known and clothed in words.
Truth is not always the best basis for happiness. There are certain lies which may constitute a far better and more secure foundation of happiness. There are people who perish when their eyes are opened.
Many an attack of depression is nothing but the expression of regret at having to be virtuous.
Love at first sight is a revival of an infantile impression. The first love object reappears in a different disguise.
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Physician
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychologist
- Julien Offray de La Mettrie French Physician
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. American Physician
- Georges Clemenceau French Head of State, Physician
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- Edward de Bono Maltese Physician
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist