People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding — a thing which is rather surmised and never spoken than known and clothed in words.
Love at first sight is a revival of an infantile impression. The first love object reappears in a different disguise.
Truth is not always the best basis for happiness. There are certain lies which may constitute a far better and more secure foundation of happiness. There are people who perish when their eyes are opened.
Many an attack of depression is nothing but the expression of regret at having to be virtuous.
Candor is always a double-edged sword; it may heal or it may separate.
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychiatrist
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Georges Clemenceau French Head of State
- Julien Offray de La Mettrie French Physician
- Edward de Bono British Psychologist, Writer
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. American Physician, Essayist
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist