Truth is not always the best basis for happiness. There are certain lies which may constitute a far better and more secure foundation of happiness. There are people who perish when their eyes are opened.
People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding — a thing which is rather surmised and never spoken than known and clothed in words.
Love at first sight is a revival of an infantile impression. The first love object reappears in a different disguise.
Many an attack of depression is nothing but the expression of regret at having to be virtuous.
In reality, we are still children. We want to find a playmate for our thoughts and feelings.
Candor is always a double-edged sword; it may heal or it may separate.
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Physician
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychologist
- Julien Offray de La Mettrie French Physician
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. American Physician
- Georges Clemenceau French Head of State, Physician
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- Edward de Bono Maltese Physician
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist