Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their family —but to a solitary and an exile his friends are everything.
Topics: Friendship, Solitude, Friends and Friendship
Prayers said by good people are always good prayers.
What was any art but a mould in which to imprison for a moment the shining, elusive element which is life itself.
The miracles of the church seem to me to rest not so much upon faces or voices or healing power coming suddenly near to us from afar off, but upon our perceptions being made finer, so that for a moment our eyes can see and our ears can hear what is there about us always.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles.
- John Steinbeck American Novelist
- Elizabeth Gilbert American Novelist
- William S. Burroughs American Novelist
- Ellen Glasgow American Novelist
- Thornton Wilder American Novelist
- Erica Jong American Novelist
- Anita Loos American Actor
- Barbara Kingsolver American Novelist
- Robert Penn Warren American Poet
- Bernard Malamud American Novelist