Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay not attention to it and go about your business, you’ll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap.
The elementary school must assume as its sublime and most solemn responsibility the task of teaching every child in it to read. Any school that does not accomplish this has failed.
Give yourself an even greater challenge than the one you are trying to master and you will develop the powers necessary to overcome the original difficulty.
Topics: Difficulty, Challenges
Our schools should get five years to get back to where they were in 1963. If they’re still bad maybe we should declare educational bankruptcy, give the people their money and let them educate themselves and start their own schools.
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- Harry Browne American Politician
- Stewart Udall American Politician
- Robert F. Kennedy American Politician
- Robert G. Ingersoll American Lawyer, Orator, Agnostic
- George Madison Adams American Politician
- Wendell Willkie American Politician
- Hugo Black American Politician
- Earl Warren American Judge
- Horace Greeley American Elected Rep