Uncertainty and expectation are the joys of life. Security is an insipid thing, through the overtaking and possessing of a wish discovers the folly of the chase.
Topics: Uncertainty, Expectations, Excitement, Expectation, Joy
Read, read, search, and refine your appetite; learn to live upon instruction; feast your mind and mortify your flesh. — Read and take your nourishment in all your eyes; shut up your mouth, and chew the cud of understanding.
Mr Witwould: “Pray, madam, do you pin up your hair with all your letters? I find I must keep copies”.|Mrs Millamant: “Only with those in verse…. I never pin up my hair with prose”.
O ay, letters – I had letters – I am persecuted with letters – I hate letters – nobody knows how to write letters; and yet one has ’em, one does not know why – they serve one to pin up one’s hair.
I know a lady that loves talking so incessantly, she won’t give an echo fair play; she has that everlasting rotation of tongue that an echo must wait till she dies before it can catch her last words!
- Colley Cibber English Playwright
- Christopher Marlowe English Playwright
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton English Poet
- John Dryden English Poet
- J. B. Priestley English Novelist
- John Gay English Poet
- Robert Browning English Poet
- Edna St. Vincent Millay American Poet
- Natalie Clifford Barney American Playwright
- Henrik Ibsen Norwegian Playwright