The philosophy behind much advertising is based on the old observation that every man is really two men — the man he is and the man he wants to be.
Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
The way to get ahead is to start now. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now and that you would not have known next year if you had waited.
Topics: Procrastination, Getting Going, Inaction, Progress
Everybody loves to find fault, it gives a feeling of superiority.
If you do the best you can, you will find, nine times out of ten, that you have done as well as or better than anyone else.
- M. F. K. Fisher American Writer
- Katharine Graham American Publisher
- Malcolm Forbes American Publisher
- C. P. Scott British Publisher
- M. Scott Peck American Psychiatrist
- Burton Hillis (William E. Vaughan) American Columnist
- Diana Trilling American Literary Critic
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr. American Author
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- Hugh Prather American Christian Author