One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.
Politeness is an inexpensive way of making friends.
The philosophy behind much advertising is based on the old observation that every man is really two men — the man he is and the man he wants to be.
We don’t need men with new ideas as much as we need men who will put energy behind the old ideas.
If you do the best you can,
you will find, nine times out of ten, that
you have done as well as or better than anyone else.
Change, not habit, is what gets most of us down; habit is the stabilizer of human society, change accounts for its progress.
Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.
Success seems to be largely a matter of
hanging on after others have let go.
The way to get ahead is to start now. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now and that you would not have known next year if you had waited.
Topics: Getting Going, Progress, Procrastination, Inaction
Everybody loves to find fault, it gives a feeling of superiority.
Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.
- Katharine Graham American Publisher
- Malcolm Forbes American Publisher
- M. F. K. Fisher American Writer, Publisher
- C. P. Scott British Publisher, Journalist
- M. Scott Peck American Psychiatrist
- Diana Trilling American Literary Critic
- Burton Hillis (William E. Vaughan) American Columnist
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr. American Author
- Hugh Prather American Christian Author