Everybody loves to find fault, it gives a feeling of superiority.
Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
The philosophy behind much advertising is based on the old observation that every man is really two men — the man he is and the man he wants to be.
If you do the best you can, you will find, nine times out of ten, that you have done as well as or better than anyone else.
The way to get ahead is to start now. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now and that you would not have known next year if you had waited.
Topics: Procrastination, Getting Going, Inaction, Progress
- M. F. K. Fisher American Writer
- Katharine Graham American Publisher
- Malcolm Forbes American Publisher
- C. P. Scott British Publisher
- M. Scott Peck American Psychiatrist
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- Hugh Prather American Christian Author
- Francine du Plessix Gray Polish-born American Author
- Burton Hillis (William E. Vaughan) American Columnist
- Diana Trilling American Literary Critic