Little boldness is needed to assail the opinions and practices of notoriously wicked men; but to rebuke great and good men for their conduct, and to impeach their discernment, is the highest effort of moral courage.
—William Lloyd Garrison
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Lydia Maria Child American Abolitionist
- Frederick Douglass American Abolitionist
- Thomas Wentworth Higginson American Reformer, Editor
- Wendell Phillips American Abolitionist
- Gloria Steinem American Feminist
- Henry David Thoreau American Philosopher
- John Weiss American Author
- Harriet Tubman American Abolitionist
- Horace Greeley American Elected Rep
- Sojourner Truth African-American Abolitionist