A good End cannot sanctifie evil Means; nor must we ever do Evil, that Good may come of it.
A private Life is to be preferrd; the Honour and Gain of publick Posts, bearing no proportion with the Comfort of it.
For we put the power in the people.
Man—being made reasonable, and so a thinking creature, there is nothing more worthy of his being than the right direction and employment of his thoughts, since upon this depends both his usefulness to the public and his own present and future benefit in all respects.
The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs, which are brief and pithy. Collect and learn them; they are notable measures of directions for human life; you have much in little; they save time in speaking; and upon occasion may be the fullest and safest answers.
They have a Right to censure, that have a Heart to help: The rest is Cruelty, not Justice.
In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.
- Richard Branson British Entrepreneur
- Mary Kay Ash American Entrepreneur
- Jim Rohn American Entrepreneur
- Russell Simmons American Entrepreneur
- Victor Kiam American Entrepreneur
- Lady Bird Johnson American Entrepreneur
- Marshall Field American Entrepreneur
- James Cash Penney American Entrepreneur
- Sam Walton American Entrepreneur
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur