I have heard people eat most heartily of another man’s meat, that is, what they do not pay for.
A mistress should be like a little country retreat near the town, not to dwell in constantly, but only for a night and away.
Mistresses are like books; if you pore upon them too much, they doze you and make you unfit for company; but if used discreetly, you are the fitter for conversation by em.
Topics: Love, Lovers
Hunger, revenge, to sleep are petty foes, But only death the jealous eyes can close.
- Ben Jonson English Dramatist
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Actor
- John Gay English Poet
- John Lyly English Dramatist
- Arthur Helps English Dramatist
- Douglas William Jerrold English Dramatist
- John Webster English Dramatist
- W. S. Gilbert English Dramatist
- Philip Massinger English Dramatist
- Francis Beaumont English Dramatist