Music creates order out of chaos: for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous.
The art of creation lies in the gift of perceiving the particular and generalizing it, thus creating the particular again. It is therefore a powerful transforming force and a generator of creative solutions in relation to a given problem. It is the currency of human exchanges, which enables the sharing of states of the soul and conscience, and the discovery of new fields of experience.
We embark unhesitatingly on the path, in a direction that is absolutely right and urgent, supported by everyone, in the knowledge that this path is but a learning process.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- T. S. Eliot American-born British Poet
- Arthur Rubinstein Polish-born American Composer
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Nancy Astor, Viscountess Astor American-born British Politician
- Henry James American-born British Novelist
- Jean Sibelius Finnish Composer
- Laurence Olivier English Actor
- Stella Isaacs, Marchioness of Reading English Humanitarian
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Joseph Conrad Polish-born British Novelist