Men of sense often learn from their enemies.—It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war; and this lesson saves their children, their homes, and their properties.
Topics: Enemies, Learning
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sophocles Ancient Greek Dramatist
- Euripides Ancient Greek Dramatist
- Aeschylus Greek Poet
- Menander Greek Comic Dramatist
- Xenocrates Greek Philosopher, Scientist
- Demosthenes Greek Statesman, Orator
- Xenophon Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Aesop Greek Fabulist
- Aristotle Onassis Greek Businessperson
- Nikos Kazantzakis Greek Novelist, Statesman